Congratulations to Ken Koehler for earning the endorsements of the Northwest Herald (10/16/12) and the Daily Herald (10/15/12) in the 2012 General Election!
- New Courtrooms were Constructed. These new courtrooms will handle current future judicial needs that resulted from the creation of the new 22nd Judicial Circuit.
- State’s Attorney, Public Defender, Sheriff, Circuit Clerk and Probation offices were relocated and / or expanded. This will better serve the needs of the county’s residents by allowing the departments to handle growth and to consolidate operations.
- Purchased A New Radio System for the Sheriff’s Office This multi-million dollar purchase was necessary to comply with Federal changes in communications after 9/11 to provide optimal service during an emergency.
- A Mental Health Court was Established. This court is now available to address the legal issues of the mentally challenged, and a separate Drug Court is being planned.
- Supported Multi-Million $ Federal Contract. The Federal Immigration and Naturalization Services detainee contract was supported and has resulted in millions of Federal dollars which has offset the cost for completion of the jail 3rd floor.
- Fighting Unfunded Mandates. The County has been fighting the unfunded mandate to early release criminals without funding their probation requirements.